Welcome to Kentfield School District!
Bacich Principal Search
Please contribute your thoughts on who the school's next leader should be by completing this short form.
A committee of teachers, school staff, administrators, and parents is needed to paperscreen and interview the top candidates, and to recommend a final choice to the School Board. If you are interested in participating on this committee, please email Superintendent Liz Schott. Committee membership requires at least three full days, so please take that into consideration prior to volunteering to help.
Flu Prevention and Information
Influenza has come early in Marin County, California and throughout the country. Influenza is a viral infection that affects your respiratory system. Although most people recover, some can become very ill and in rare cases it can lead to death. We are expecting a severe flu season.
- Parent Letter from the Marin County Department of Health in English and in Spanish.
- Flu Prevention and Care Tips in English and Spanish
- For more information about the flu, please visit marinflu.org. To find a flu vaccine at a location near you, visit vaccinefinder.org.
- More District health, wellness, and nutrition information
Aeries Email Delivery Issues?
If you think you haven't been receiving emails you should have received, please be aware that many email vendors mis-identify legitimate mass-mailed communications as "spam" or "junk" mail. Here is a set of instructions to "whitelist" Aeries/SignalKit as a "safe sender" with some of the most common email providers.
Keep in mind that you can always view ALL messages that have been sent to you on your Aeries Communications Feed, either online or in the Aeries Mobile App - available for free download for Apple or Android.
School Board and Committee Meetings
March 10, 2020 at 3:30 p.m., Kent Library
- Meeting begins at 3:30 p.m., budget discussion begins at 5 p.m.
- Agenda will be posted here by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting. When available, the PDF of the Agenda will be posted here.
- Board Meeting Highlights - January 14, 2020
- The Kentfield School District Board of Trustees engaged in the difficult work of identifying $1 million in expenditure reductions for the 2020-21 school year. Read about the process and results here.
Safety Committee Meeting - Postponed
- The Wednesday, January 29, 2020 has been postponed. The new date will be posted here.
Technology Committee of the Board
- February 26, 2020 meeting has been postponed
- Come to the first meeting of the School Board's new Technology Committee. All interested parents and staff are welcome.
- Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 5:45-7 p.m., Bacich Library.
- School-age child care available.
- Tuesday, April 14, 4-5:30 p.m., District Office
New Student Registration
- Bacich Elementary School (TK through 4th grade) Registration Information
- Kent Middle School (5th through 8th grade) Registration Information
Parents/Guardians of Sixth Graders – Deadline Approaching February 21
- Tdap Booster vaccine records are required for seventh grade due by February 21st.
Getting To and From Kentfield School District
All visitors to Bacich Elementary School and Kent Middle School must enter school grounds through the main office. A visitor badge is required for all visitors and volunteers during the school day, and can be obtained in the office.
- Please consider walking or biking to campus this year. Visit the Safe Routes to School page to find your neighborhood routes, and important safety tips.
- Driving to Campus?
- Please remember that parking at Bacich is limited to staff spots. Parents driving to Bacich, must use the Carline for drop off and pick up; or park and walk.
- Please visit our Safe Routes to School page to learn more how to get to school without using a car.
- Do you want to avoid the Carline? Please use these maps for parking locations and park and walk options.
New Parking Regulations on Acacia Avenue
To make this busy thoroughfare more walker and biker friendly, new parking restrictions will be put into place on the south side of Acacia (Lilac to McAllister) and north side of Acacia (Lilac to Rosebank) from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. on school days.
If you are currently not receiving kik communications but would like to, please complete this form.