Welcome to Kentfield School District!
"Marin’s best public elementary school? Website declares winner."
Steps we will take in the event of loss of power at one or both of our schools:
- If power is turned off while school is in session, we will keep students in class through the end of the regular school day unless doing so is unsafe.
- If there is a confirmed power shutdown scheduled for a subsequent school day at one or both schools, the District will close both schools and communicate the closures in whatever formats are available as soon as possible.
- If power is restored prior to 5:00 a.m. on a school day when a closure has been announced the day before, the District will open the schools and communicate that news in whatever formats are available as soon as possible.
- All information related to school closures and reopening will be posted to our District and school websites, and will be communicated through Aeries email and direct feed as long as power allows.
- If one school is scheduled not to have power, both schools will be closed.
Aeries Email Delivery Issues?
If you think you haven't been receiving emails you should have received, please be aware that many email vendors mis-identify legitimate mass-mailed communications as "spam" or "junk" mail. Here is a set of instructions to "whitelist" Aeries/SignalKit as a "safe sender" with some of the most common email providers.
Keep in mind that you can always view ALL messages that have been sent to you on your Aeries Communications Feed, either online or in the Aeries Mobile App - available for free download for Apple or Android.
School Board and Committee Meetings
November 12, 2019 at 5 p.m. in the District Office
- Agenda will be posted here by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting. When available, the PDF of the Agenda will be posted here.
- Board Meeting Highlights - October 15, 2019
- Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 5:30-7 p.m., Bacich Library. School-age child care available.
- November 26, 2019 (originally scheduled for October 30, 2019), 9-10 a.m., District Office
New Student Registration
Getting To and From Kentfield School District
All visitors to Bacich Elementary School and Kent Middle School must enter school grounds through the main office. A visitor badge is required for all visitors and volunteers during the school day, and can be obtained in the office.
- Please consider walking or biking to campus this year. Visit the Safe Routes to School page to find your neighborhood routes, and important safety tips.
- Driving to Campus?
- Please remember that parking at Bacich is limited to staff spots. Parents driving to Bacich, must use the Carline for drop off and pick up; or park and walk.
- Please visit our Safe Routes to School page to learn more how to get to school without using a car.
- Do you want to avoid the Carline? Please use these maps for parking locations and park and walk options.
If you are currently not receiving kik communications but would like to, please complete this form.