Welcome to Kentfield School District!
Please visit our new Distance Learning Portal
We have a new, redesigned website for support, resources, and media during the school closure.KSD Distance Learning Portal
Classes Suspended To Mitigate Spread of COVID-19 - Read Announcement
Campuses close to students; Schools continue to offer meals, resources
All previously scheduled on-campus events have been canceled for the duration of the school closure.
To further mitigate the spread of COVID-19 in Marin County, Marin County Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) and Marin County Office of Education (MCOE) announced that all public school campuses will suspend classroom instruction to students for at least two weeks beginning March 16. Announcement available in English and Spanish.
School leaders are in close contact with the County Department of Health and Human Services to obtain the most current guidance related to the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
- April 7, 2020: Letter from Superintendent on closure of school campuses in the six Bay Area counties through the end of this school year.
- April 3, 2020: Letter from School Board about distance learning, equity, and access
- March 25, 2020: Letter from Superintendent on new school closure date of May 1, 2020.
- Weekly Town Hall Meetings with Congressman Jared Huffman: Every Wednesday at noon Congressman Huffman will host a Facebook Live Town Hall to provide COVID-19 updates. Visit facebook.com/RepHuffman.
- California State Senator Mike McGuire is hosting Telephone Town Halls. Check his website for updates and meeting archives. https://sd02.senate.ca.gov
Bacich Principal Search
Please contribute your thoughts on who the school's next leader should be by completing this short form.
A committee of teachers, school staff, administrators, and parents is needed to paperscreen and interview the top candidates, and to recommend a final choice to the School Board. If you are interested in participating on this committee, please email Superintendent Liz Schott. Committee membership requires at least three full days, so please take that into consideration prior to volunteering to help.
Aeries Email Delivery Issues?
If you think you haven't been receiving emails you should have received, please be aware that many email vendors mis-identify legitimate mass-mailed communications as "spam" or "junk" mail. Here is a set of instructions to "whitelist" Aeries/SignalKit as a "safe sender" with some of the most common email providers.
Keep in mind that you can always view ALL messages that have been sent to you on your Aeries Communications Feed, either online or in the Aeries Mobile App - available for free download for Apple or Android.
Save The Date: Reclassification Ceremony, May 28, 2020, 6 p.m.
We will be celebrating our English Learning families in a Reclassification Ceremony. The ceremony will celebrate the amazing ability to use two languages and will highlight the students who have recently been reclassified as English Proficient. The ceremony will take place in the Bacich Community Center and will begin at 6 p.m. with a potluck dinner following the ceremony.
School Board and Committee Meetings
April 21, 2020 at 5-8 p.m., will be held virtually
- Agenda will be posted here by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting. When available, the PDF of the Agenda will be posted here.
- Board Meeting Highlights
Kentfield School District Board of Trustees Meeting Live Video
We are providing virtual access to a Board Meeting. Comments will not be monitored during the meeting, but may be responded to in the coming days.
- Click here for the Board Meeting Live Video.
Kentfield School District Board of Trustees Meeting Video en Vivo
Estamos haciendo acceso virtual a una reunión de la Junta. Los comentarios no serán monitoreados durante la reunión, pero pueden ser respondidos en los próximos días.
- Haga clic aquí para ver el Video en Vivo.
New Student Registration
Due to COVID-19 precautions, all school tours have been cancelled for the remainder of this school year.
Getting To and From Kentfield School District
All visitors to Bacich Elementary School and Kent Middle School must enter school grounds through the main office. A visitor badge is required for all visitors and volunteers during the school day, and can be obtained in the office.
- Please consider walking or biking to campus this year. Visit the Safe Routes to School page to find your neighborhood routes, and important safety tips.
- Driving to Campus?
- Please remember that parking at Bacich is limited to staff spots. Parents driving to Bacich, must use the Carline for drop off and pick up; or park and walk.
- Please visit our Safe Routes to School page to learn more how to get to school without using a car.
- Do you want to avoid the Carline? Please use these maps for parking locations and park and walk options.
New Parking Regulations on Acacia Avenue
To make this busy thoroughfare more walker and biker friendly, new parking restrictions will be put into place on the south side of Acacia (Lilac to McAllister) and north side of Acacia (Lilac to Rosebank) from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. on school days.
If you are currently not receiving kik communications but would like to, please complete this form.