Aeries Communications Emergency Contact and Notification Information
content updated October 27, 2019
We are working hard to ensure that all families have both (1) accurate and adequate emergency contact information in our system, and (2 & 3) communications notification preferences set as desired. Please read through this message and check your online information as instructed.
1. Emergency Contact Information
To check the emergency contact we currently have on file for your student/s,
- Go to the Aeries Parent Portal, click on Student Info, then Contacts
- On the Contacts page, you will see the current list of contacts we have on file FOR THAT STUDENT and can change data, add a new contact, or delete an outdated one.
- There is no limit to the number of contacts you can provide, but please be reasonable, this will be printed hardcopy for emergency reference :)
- Any changes you make will be effective for only the student whose record you are editing; if you have more than one Kentfield student, click on "Change Student" at the right of the menu bar and edit contact/s for additional student/s.
Aeries Communications (managed by SignalKit) is the primary conduit for messages between the district, your school/s, your student's teachers, and you. Communications is ONLY for use by teachers or school/district staff to send messages they would previously have sent by email or phone call.
2. Notification Preferences - on the Aeries Parent Portal
There should be a Communications menu item immediately to the right of the Home menu running across the top of your Aeries Parent Portal home page. Clicking there will take you to the Communications portal / SignalKit (a new window will open). You should also see your selected Communications Preferences displayed in a box on the left side of the Home page.
If you do NOT see that menu item or box, you (or someone you share this student with) have selected "Do Not Contact" as your notification preference and you will need to contact firstname.lastname@example.org to have your notification preference updated.
3. Notification Preferences - in the Communications / SignalKit interface
Yes, we know this is confusing and we are hoping that this will be updated, but "Notification Preferences" within the Communications/ SignalKit system are different from those in the Parent Portal.
This is where you choose HOW you want to receive messages that are sent to you from your teacher /school /district. We recommend enabling all methods, as Communications is ONLY for use by teachers or school/district staff to send messages they would previously have sent by email or phone call. Choosing not to receive messages through Communications is the same as choosing to withhold contact information from your student's teacher.
- In the Aeries Parent Portal or mobile app, click on Communications. A new browser window will open with the SignalKit Communications interface.
- Click on the circle with your initials in it, then click on Notifications.
- Make sure all boxes are clicked in order to receive all messages that might be sent to you.
- Direct Messages are similar to texts/group texts and are typically used for communication between teachers and parents/guardians - only text/email are possible for Direct Message receipt.
- General District Announcements are sent out by the district (weekly newsletter, etc.).
- General School Announcements are sent out by Bacich or Kent (health alerts, school events, etc.)
- Class Announcements are sent out by teachers to their classrooms (class updates, project info, etc.)
- Group Announcements are sent out to certain classrooms, or if you are a member of a specific group (DELAC, SSC, etc.)
- Grade Announcements are sent out to if you opt in to Kent weekly gradebook notifications
- Attendance Announcements are sent out if your student is absent or tardy
- Emergency Announcements automatically go out to all channels we have on file for you, that cannot be changed.
Messages that are sent only via specific delivery methods (email only or text only) will only be delivered to you if you've elected to receive those delivery methods, but ALL messages sent to you by text/email will display in your "Feed" for viewing within SignalKit.