Safe Routes to School
Do you have your safe travel plan ready for the new school year?
The Kentfield School District encourages all families to actively participate in our nationally-recognized KSD Safe Routes to School Program, a neighborhood-focused initiative to advocate green travel alternatives, and address traffic safety at our schools.
A team of Neighborhood Parent Captains provide suggested safe route maps and carpooling options all customized by neighborhood. We also advocate for traffic safety concerns on behalf of the families in our district's neighborhoods.
Prepare Your Back to School Travel Plan
- Organize and practice your Back to School "Green" Travel Plan with your children before the first day of school.
- Public Bus option for Kent Middle School students
- The Marin Transit Bus 29 has a route designed perfectly for our kids. The bus picks up on SFD and Eliseo at 8:12 a.m. and drops off at College of Marin at 8:17 a.m. It's a short walk to the crosswalk and then to Kent. It costs $1 per child.
- Locate "Safe Routes," "Park and Walk" spots, visitor parking, bike/scooter racks for Bacich and Kent. Note in particular that the designated parking lot for your neighborhood at Bacich. Determine your neighborhood and contacts with our zone map.
Safe Routes to School Safety Tips
Participate in "Green Wednesdays" (rain or shine!)
Every Wednesday, all families and staff are encouraged to wear school spirit gear, and "travel green" to school. Even if you live in the hills or have a hectic schedule, you can still participate in Green Wednesdays by planning to carpool with fellow neighbors or by using one of the "park and walk" options listed on your neighborhood route plan.
- Our first Walk & Roll Day will be on September 12, 2018!