These programs are not sponsored by the Kentfield School District. Distributing flyers and information is a community service and does not imply endorsement.
- California YMCA Youth & Government has offered the Model United Nations (MUN) program to middle school students throughout the state since 2001. Middle school students (delegates) participate in the program with their peers. They are given the opportunity to discuss international issues, discover other cultures, develop life-enhancing skills, and make new friends. The program culminates when delegates from around the state meet at the annual Model United Nations Summit in Los Angeles, California.
- Meetings will be Thursdays, at Kent from 3:30-4:15 p.m., January 17- May 9, 2019
- View Flyer
Incoming Kindergarten Families: Sign up for Kinder Camp!
This class has been specially designed by Marin County Kindergarten teachers to help your child make a smoother transition into kindergarten. The 2 week's class curriculum is based on what they will experience in the upcoming year. This gentle, stress free introduction occurs as they have fun in the actual kindergarten classrooms with experienced teachers. The ratio is 1:15 maximum, plus each class will have an incredible teen aide to ensure your children have a fun, positive experience. The students will enjoy a lively, sunny experience with tactile projects in arts, crafts, listening, nature, building, and laughter. We even try to put them in a class with a buddy of their choosing!
- Session I June 17- June 28, register here: larkspur.recdesk.com/Community/Program/Detail?programId=1606
- Session II July 1 -July 12 (no school on July 4,) register here: larkspur.recdesk.com/Community/Program/Detail?programId=1607
- Both sessions run from 8:45 a.m.-12:45 p.m.
Courageous Conversation Parent Workshop
- Tuesday, January 29, 2019, 5-7:30 p.m., San Rafael High School Library
Dr. Lori Watson will guide us through a thoughtful, compassionate conversation about race and racism and will give insight into the work that the Kentfield School District administrative team has been doing with the Pacific Education Group.
Prius Raffle To Support Special Education in Marin
The parent volunteers of Dedication to Special Education announce the kick-off of our 14th Annual Prius Raffle. We fund supports that special education students need in the classroom throughout Marin’s public schools. Look for our volunteers at The Village Shopping Center every weekend through February 10th at shopping centers and farmers markets around town selling chances to win. Special Education families at your school should have tickets available.
Jenny Novack at (415) 812-5366 can provide more information or get tickets to you. Go to specialed.org for more details.