Don't Miss These Announcements
Kent Parents – Upcoming 7th/8th Grade School Dance
Friday, March 15, 2019, 7-9 p.m.
- The dance will be held in the gym, and once kids enter the dance they will not be permitted to leave unless a parent picks them up at the entrance.
- Tickets will go on sale next week during lunch and at the door for $5 each..
- If you would like to chaperone, please email Melissa Stephens at email@example.com.
Lunch and Bacich Jamba Juice Ordering Closing Friday, March 8, 2019
Seventh Grade WEB Leader Applications are due next Friday, March 15, 2019 to Ms. Stephens.
Current 4th Graders: Incoming 5th Grade Registration Event
- Wednesday, March 20, 2019: 1:30-3 p.m., Kent Office
- Please download and complete this Proof of Residency (POR) Affidavit before the registration event.
- Bring the form and your supporting documents with you to the registration event.
- As described on the Affidavit, you must submit two items from the Category 1 (the first column) and one item from Category 2 (the second column).
Friday, March 8, 2019
Monday, March 11, 2019
- Like – A Documentary About the Impact of Social Media on Our Lives, 6:45–8 p.m., Lark Theater, free, but tickets required
Tuesday, March 12, 2019:
- School Board meeting, 5 p.m., District Office
Thursday, March 14, 2019:
- Finance Committee meeting, 3:45–4:45 p.m., District Office
Friday, March 15, 2019
- Seventh Grade WEB Leader Applications due to Ms. Stephens
- Bacich Lost and Found items will be donated
- Kent Spring Dance for seventh and eighth grade students, 7-9 p.m.
- Interested chaperones should contact, Ms. Stephens, firstname.lastname@example.org
Save the Date:
Wednesday, March 20, 2019
- Kent Registration Event for current 4th graders, 1:30-3 p.m., Kent Office, download proof of residency, visit announcement section for more information.
- Screenagers Film, 7-9 p.m., Kent MP Room, RSVP here
Thursday, March 21, 2019
- DELAC meeting, 5:45-7 p.m, Kentfield District Office
Friday, March 22, 2019: Fifth and Sixth Grade Games Night, 6-8 p.m.
Monday, March 25, 2019:
- Fourth grade parents - Gold Country meeting, 8:30-9:30 a.m., Bacich Room 33
- Bacich Yearbook ordering deadline
Thursday, March 28, 2019: Kent Open House, 6-7:30 p.m.
Thursday, April 4, 2019: Bacich Open House, 6-7 p.m.
Emergency Operations Update: Aeries Communications 101
Aeries Communications (managed by SignalKit, so you'll also see that name in places) is the primary conduit for messages between the district, your school/s, your student's teachers, and you. Aeries Communications is only for use by teachers or school/district staff to send messages they would previously have sent by email or phone call.
There should be a Communications menu item immediately to the right of the Home menu running across the top of your Aeries Parent Portal home page. Clicking there will take you to the Communications portal - a new browser tab will open with a SignalKit url. If you do not see that menu item, you (or someone you share this student with) have selected "Do Not Contact" as your notification preference and you will need to contact email@example.com to have your notification preference updated.
To check/update your messages delivery methods, go to the Communications portal. Once there, click on the circle with your initials at the top left of the page to open your personal settings and choose the Notifications page, where you can select your desired delivery method for each type of message.
On the Aeries Parent Portal home page, if you scroll down to the section marked Resources there is a link to help documents /videos for the Aeries Communications system if you'd like to explore more in depth!
Social Media Challenges
During the past week, many parents and staff were concerned about the "momo challenge" that was spreading across the media. Fortunately, this social media challenge was a hoax. Scares like this are a good reminder of the opportunity we all share to learn more about the true dangers that children may encounter on the internet.
- This article shares some useful resources on how to talk to your children about social media challenges and how parents can model navigating these challenges with confidence.
Budget Information Meetings
This presentation will be discussed at the following public meetings:
March 14, 2019: Finance Committee Meeting, 3:45 p.m., District Office
March 21, 2019: ELAC/DELAC Meeting, 6 p.m., District Office
- March 14, 2019, 3:45-4:45 p.m., District Office
English Language Learners
Bacich Principal Sally Peck
Lost and Found items will be donated on Friday, March 15, 2019
It is time for Pennies for Patients again!
- March 1-15, 2019
- The fundraiser benefits the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society.
- Students brought home collection boxes in their Friday folders on March 1, 2019.
New Student Registration - Incoming Kindergarten Students
- March 20, 2019, 1-3 p.m., Bacich Office
- Bacich Office staff will be available to assist parents of incoming Kindergarten students who may need help with the registration process. We will also be available any other day as well with an appointment.
- Parents will need to bring all of the Proof of Residency documents as well as a birth certificate and current immunization records.
- Click here to order a Bacich Yearbook. Order by April 19, 2019.
Bacich Site Council
Next Meeting: March 4, 2019, 3-4 p.m., Bacich Library. All parents are welcome to attend.
- Please visit our Site Council page for meeting dates, agendas, and minutes.
Ripples of Kent Kindness
Kent 2018 graduate, Asal, and current Kent eighth grader, Mary Darin, went with Melissa Stephens to speak at Berkeley’s “Happiness Advantage” class about their experience in Ms. Stephens’ Service Innovation course. These poised students represented our school with grace and ease. What an additional gift to walk into class on Wednesday to discover Kent 2014 grad, Sierra, enrolled! These beautiful connections and ripples are wonderful examples of our culture of kindness and service at Kent Middle School.
View Kent Daily Announcement on Kent website.
Attention Seventh Grade WEB Leader Hopefuls
Applications are due next Friday, March 15, 2019. Ms. Stephens has the forms in room 34. Come down and get one if you feel like you would be a valuable student leader at our school!
The seventh and eighth grade spring dance will be Friday, March 15, 2019 from 7-9 p.m. in the gym. Tickets will be $5 each and will go on sale next week during lunch and at the door. The theme is Candy Land, so dress colorfully and creatively and make your way through the Peppermint Forest to the dance!
- Parents: if you would like to chaperone this fun event, please email Ms. Stephens!
Together We Can!
Sign Up Here to participate in the new community service initiative.
Yearbook Are Now On Sale!
- Don't miss out on this important memento for your Falcon! Just go to this link: www.yearbookordercenter.com. Our school code is 7587.
Kent Site Council
Next Meeting: April 2, 2019, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Main Office Conference Room
- All Kent parents are welcome to attend Site Council meetings. Please visit our Site Council page for meeting dates, agendas, and minutes.
8th Grade Announcements
Safe Routes to School
Upcoming Walk & Roll Wednesdays
March 13, 2019 and March 20, 2019
Visit Safe Routes to School for Walk & Roll information, safety tips in English and Spanish, neighborhood safe route maps, and public bus to Kent information.
Save The Date: Saturday, May 11, 2019
kik Auction | Dinner | Dancing
Sponsor The Auction
Deadlines are approaching to get in donations, sponsorships, and sign up parties for our auction. We need help from our community to make this a big success! Can you help by donating an item? Sponsoring the event? Helping with a sign up party?
Any contribution at any level makes an impact on our schools.
Help us reach 100% participation for our schools.
Next KSPTA Meeting: April 1, 2019, 8:30-10 a.m., Kent Library
Third Trimester Lunch Ordering Closes Friday, March 8, 2019
Jamba Juice Ordering Session for Bacich Closes Friday, March 8, 2019
Jamba Juice Lunch Snack
Second Session: March 15, 2019 – June 7, 2019
- Click here to order.
- Bacich Jamba ordering closes Friday, March 8, 2019
- Bacich Jamba Day: (Grades 1-4 only): Fridays
Parent Education Film: Impact of Social Media
- March 11, 2019, 6:45-8 p.m., The Lark Theater
- Film screening and panel discussion
- Tickets are free but an RSVP is required at likemoviemarin.eventbrite.com
Fifth & Sixth Grade Game Night
These programs are not sponsored by the Kentfield School District. Distributing flyers and information is a community service and does not imply endorsement.
Parent Education Event: Mindfulness
The Marin County Special Education Advisory Committee (SEAC) presents an evening with Blair McElroy, psychotherapist, as she discusses mindfulness tools for families, using focused attention, self-regulation, and kindness to help reduce stress and increase connection.
- March 20, 2019, 7-8 p.m, Kentfield School District Office
- A SEAC Business meeting will take place from 6:00 to 6:30 pm for those interested in attending
- Light Dinner will be available from 6:30–7 p.m.
- View flyer.
2019 Raising Healthy Families Community Education Series
The Marin County Office of Education, in collaboration with Raising Healthy Families and the Community Institute for Psychotherapy, invites you to attend a series of informative, educational presentations that will examine important issues facing today’s families. The presentations will be led by noted Bay Area experts, and will offer tools and strategies to empower caregivers to raise children who are curious, compassionate, and resilient.
Admissions is free, and attendees must register in advance at www.cipmarin.org or by calling (415) 459-5999, ext. 101.
Suggested donations, sliding scale, $75, $50, $25. All event proceeds go directly to support Community Institute for Psychotherapy’s safety-net programs.
Raising Boys to be Heroes in an Age of Villains
Presented by Mark Edwards, LMFT
Tuesday, March 12, 2019, 6-8 p.m.
San Rafael Community Center, 618 B Street, San Rafael
Embodied Resilience: Mindfulness for Challenging Times
Presented by Shai Lavie, LMFT
Thursday, March 28, 2019, 6:00 pm-8:00 pm
San Rafael Community Center, 618 B Street, San Rafael, CA
2019 Marin Teen Girl Conference Empowered Women – Empower Women!
Who: Teen Girls in grades 8-12 in Marin County
What: 2019 Marin Teen Girl Conference sponsored by the Marin Women’s Commission
When: Sunday, March 31, 2019 9 a.m-3:30 p.m.
Where: Embassy Suites By Hilton 101 McInnis Pkwy, San Rafael, CA 94903