Don't Miss These Announcements
New Superintendent Search Information – read the board update from April 17, 2019
We are currently attempting to ensure that all families have both accurate and adequate emergency contact information in our system, and communications notification preferences set as desired. Please click here to read these important instructions.
Changing Schools for 2019-2020?
If you anticipate that your student will not be returning to Bacich Elementary School or Kent Middle School next year for any reason, please contact the school office.
- Bacich: Krista Geissberger (email@example.com) or Lynn Bartha (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Kent: Lisa Sandberg (email@example.com)
- Join us for dinner, dancing, amazing live and silent auction items and sign up parties!
April 21-24, 2019: Fourth Grade Gold Country Trip
Friday, April 26, 2019
- Bacich Lost and Found items will be donated
- Bacich student information that may help with class placement due to Principal Sally Peck - read more here.
Save the Date:
April 29-May 3, 2019:
- Third Grade CAASPP Testing - learn more about CAASPP testing here.
- Teacher Appreciation Week - find out how to support, volunteer, and participate here.
May 1, 2019: BLOOM hosted by KSPTA, 6:30-9 p.m., International Orange at Marin Country Mart
May 2, 2019: Second Annual Kent and Book Passage Event, 5-8 p.m.
May 3, 2019: Bacich Earth Day – volunteer here to help with lunchtime activities between 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
May 6, 2019:
May 7, 2019: Kent Site Council, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Kent Conference Room
May 9, 2019: Gender Information Night for Parents, 6- 7:30 p.m., Kent, read more about the event here
May 11, 2019: kik Spring Event and Auction, 5–10 p.m., buy tickets here
Budget 101 Presentation
- Budget 101 presentation to the kik Board: April 30, 2019, 7:30 p.m., District Office
English Language Learners
Bacich Assistant Principal Methinee Bozeman
Bacich Lost and Found items will be donated on Friday, April 26, 2019.
Earth Day – May 3, 2019 - please note date change
- Fun, Earth-friendly activities will be set up on the blacktop for students TK-fourth grade to enjoy during their lunch recess
- Volunteer here to help with lunchtime activities between 11:30 a.m.-1:30 p.m.
Bacich Site Council
Next Meeting: May 6, 2019, 3-4 p.m., Bacich Library. All parents are welcome to attend.
- Please visit our Site Council page for meeting dates, agendas, and minutes.
- Applications for the three open seats for 2019-2020 will be available online or in the office on May 6, 2019.
- Applications are due May 16, 2019.
- Elections will be held May 20-24, 2019.
Kent Library Update
Project LIT Community: Kent Middle School Book Club
We encourage you all to read Jerry Craft’s amazing graphic novel New Kid. Come to the library for a copy or borrow one from your language arts teacher. You may also borrow a copy from the public library.
Then, join us on April 23, 2019 (note date change) at lunch in Room 24 (Mrs. Gallagher’s room) to eat pizza and snacks and talk about the book.
- Kent Book Club – The New Kid - View Flyer for More Information
View Kent Daily Announcement on Kent website.
Second Annual Kent and Book Passage Event: May 2, 2019, 5-8 p.m.
- Featuring summer reading lists and suggestions, a Kent band performance, student readings and snacks
provided by KSPTA.
- Any shopping benefits our school!
Gender Information Night for Parents: May 9, 2019, 6-7:30 p.m., Kent
The Kentfield School District strives to create safe school environments for all children, communities in which all of our children belong. Our children are our greatest asset, and we value the variety of experience, culture, and identity among students. This year the District partnered closely with an organization called Gender Spectrum to work with students and staff at Kent around the topic of gender and gender diversity. We would like to invite all Kentfield families to join us for a Gender Education Information Night, where district staff will lead a presentation and discussion around the dimensions of gender. This presentation will include components shared with the Kent faculty, as well as lessons shared with all Kent students, in an effort maximize the school-to-home partnership in the way we talk about individual differences. Please plan to join us on May 9th from 6:00 to 7:30 p.m. in the Kent Library for this important conversation.
School Supply Drive for Refugees
Ms. Stephens, Kent Activities Director has recently been asked to be on the board of Opening the World. It is an organization that takes at risk youth (ages 16-25) who have suffered trauma and provides services they need to heal. The kids transform internally by serving others externally, which aligns beautifully with the seventh grade Service Innovation class. The creator of this organization, Jeannine Curley, and a local motivational speaker, Oscar Curry, came to speak to the class on Monday about overcoming challenging and painful experiences as well as to talk about the school supply donations. Ms. Curley will be taking seven of the amazing youth advocates in her program to Greece in May to work at a refugee camp there with Syrian, Afghani, African, and Iraqi refugees. They will be bringing many items to give to the refugees there, and we are in a position to help!
So why not have another House competition? Bring your gently used or unused school supplies to room 34 for the next two weeks and place them in your House box. The House with the most donations at the end of two weeks will earn 500 points! Let's continue our focus on serving others who are fleeing their homes for a better, safer life!
Change for Change Drive Winner
Wow! What an incredible fundraiser we had with the lead switching each day. Final tally of each house is:
- Caracara: $300.94 earning 1000 points for their house.
- Peregrine: $258.91 earning 750 points for their house.
- Merlin: $241.90 earning 500 points for their house.
- Kestrel: $110.59 earning 250 points for their house.
Grand total earned for immigrants coming to this country and receiving vital services through the JFCS East Bay was $912.22! Way to go Falcons!
House shirt winner for the Friday before we left for Spring Break was...drum roll please...Merlin! They earned 500 points for their house! Get those shirts on tomorrow so your House can take the W this week!
Together We Can!
- Sign Up Here to participate in the new community service initiative.
Yearbook Are Now On Sale!
- Don't miss out on this important memento for your Falcon! Just go to this link: www.yearbookordercenter.com. Our school code is 7587.
Kent School Site Council
Next Meeting: May 7, 2019, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Main Office Conference Room
- All Kent parents are welcome to attend School Site Council meetings. Please visit our Site Council page for meeting dates, agendas, and minutes.
8th Grade Announcements
High School Information
- Redwood High School Tours, Online Registration Instructions, and Parent Letter
- Drake High School Tours
Kent Graduation Raffle
Tickets are being sold for the annual Kent Raffle to raise funds for 8th grade graduation. Through April 19, 2019, raffle tickets will be available for sale in each quad during morning recess! We will raffle off $500 cash, AirPods, Gotts gift certificate, a Guest Star spot on Wednesday Broadcast, and a one gallon candy jar! Tickets are $5 each or 5 for $20. The winners will be drawn on April 19, 2019.
Purchase Tickets for the Kids raffle
- Tickets are on sale in both quads during morning recess – $5 each or 5 tickets for $20
- Drawing on April 19, 2019
- Submitting photos for the graduation slideshow
- Graduation form
- Graduation week events
- Mom’s night out
- Kids and adults raffle
Safe Routes to School
Safe Routes to School Events
National Bike to School Day: Wednesday May 8, 2019
Upcoming Walk & Roll Wednesdays: April 24, 2019 and May 1, 2019
Visit Safe Routes to School for Walk & Roll information, safety tips in English and Spanish, neighborhood safe route maps, and public bus to Kent information.
kik Auction | Dinner | Dancing: Saturday, May 11, 2019
Sponsor The Auction
Tickets are now on sale for the A Night in Hollywood Spring Event on May 11, 2019! Join us for dinner, dancing, amazing live and silent auction items, and sign up parties!
- Buy your tickets here!
Visit the kik website for more information: www.kikschools.org/ways-to-give/events/spring-event/
Any contribution at any level makes an impact on our schools.
Help us reach 100% participation for our schools.
Next KSPTA Meeting: May 6, 2019, 8:30-10 a.m., Kent Room 34
Save The Date
- Wednesday, May 1, 2019 at International Orange at Marin Country Mart, 6:30-9 p.m. *please note new time
You are invited to an evening of music, massage, tasty treats, refreshments, and casual boutique shopping.
These programs are not sponsored by the Kentfield School District. Distributing flyers and information is a community service and does not imply endorsement.
Community Heritage and History Day
The Kentfield-Greenbrae Historical Society (KGHS) and Bon Air invite you to the fun, family-friendly Community Heritage & History event.
The event will feature a historical "Marin Nostalgia" slideshow, a film about local artist George Dumont Otis, and a fun passport game with the 40+ participating Community Leaders and Organizations to win a Gotts soft serve cone or SusieCakes cupcake.
On one end of Bon Air near Peets, there will be a "Music Tent" with the Kent student jazz band, choir, and COM Chamber Singers performing with student artwork and science projects from Bacich and Kent on display.
The event will also have a "Maker Tent" near Wells Fargo with hands-on activities for kids by Camp Galileo and Cub Scout Pack 59.
- May 4, 2019, 11 a.m.-2 p.m., Bon Air Center
- View Flyer.
Parent Education Event: Courageous Conversations
- May 7, 2019, 5-7:30 p.m., Marin County Office of Education, 1111 Las Gallinas Avenue, San Rafael
Engage in a thoughtful, compassionate exploration of race and racism led by Dr. Lori Watson, a transformation specialist with Pacific Education Group who has been working with educators across Marin’s public and private schools to look intensely, both personally and professionally, at race, racism, and how we are educating all students.
Spanish language translation will be available during the meeting.
Camp Galileo is supporting Kentfield Schools PTA in April!
Camp Galileo is back at Kent June 24 through August 9, 2019. Throughout the month of April, Galileo will donate $25 to Kentfield Schools PTA for every family that enrolls at Camp Galileo (K-5 grades) or Galileo Summer Quest (5-8 grades at Edna Maguire, Mill Valley). Plus, you’ll get $50 off camp with code 2019SCHOOLREWARDS. Be sure to enter Bacich Elementary or Kent Middle School as the school during checkout (in the camper info section). Have fun this summer and support our PTA! Learn more at galileo-camps.com or 800-854-3684.
XR Super Girls: Free Empowerment Workshop
XR Super Girls: A Free Empowerment Workshop for female middle school, high school, college students, and beyond. Teachers are also welcome.
XR Super Girls is aimed to encourage female students to engage in academic and career pathways in STEAM, emerging tech, digital design, computer programming, immersive storytelling, new media, and entrepreneurship through the awesome potential of Extended Reality (XR): Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and 360-Video Immersive Storytelling.
Top women industry leaders and entrepreneurs in XR will inspire and lead small group mentoring and coaching sessions to help students and attendees identify their talents, dependable strengths, and unique “super powers” to bring to the new worlds of XR: Virtual Reality, Augmented Reality, and 360-Degree Immersive Narrative.
Corte Madera Library Events
Kids' Book Club
- April 24, 2019, 7-8 p.m., for grades 4 and up.
- We are reading The Watsons Go to Birmingham by Christopher Paul Curtis.
- Call 415-924-3515 to sign up and reserve a copy of the book!
Wind Tunnel: What makes something fly?
- April 27, 2019, 10:30 a.m., for kids age 6 and up.
- Come and build a craft that can hover in a wind tube similar to the one at the Exploratorium.
- Call 415-924-6382 to sign up. Led by Kier Holmes.
- View Flyer.
SchoolLink: Buy Books! Help Schools!
Shop at Book Passage, mention your school, and your school will receive a percentage of purchases back as a donation.
AC Marin Competitive Soccer Tryouts
- Boys and girls born 2001-2013.
- Tryouts are April 24-27, 2019.
- Pre-registration required.
- View Flyer in English and Spanish.