Don't Miss These Announcements
"Marin’s best public elementary school? Website declares winner."
100 Volunteers Needed for Bacich's Emergency Drill on Tuesday, October 22, 2019
2020-2021 School Calendar Input Survey - deadline Tuesday, October 22, 2019
Walk & Roll volunteers needed on Wednesdays – October 23rd. Please signup here.
October is PTA Membership Month – there’s still time to join!
Friday, October 18, 2019
- Strategic Planning, 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m., Kent Library
Monday, October 21, 2019
- 6th Grade Volleyball vs. Ross, Kent Gym
Tuesday, October 22, 2019
- Districtwide Emergency Drill
- School calendar survey input deadline
- Parent Partners Meeting, 4-5:30 p.m., District Office
- Kent Flag Football at Davidson, 3:45-4:45 p.m.
Wednesday, October 23, 2019
- Principal Chat for 5th and 6th Grade Parents, 8:45-9:45 a.m., Kent Library
- 8th Grade Volleyball vs. Miller Creek, Kent Gym
Thursday, October 24, 2019
- Principal Chat for 7th and 8th Grade Parents, 8:45-9:45 a.m., Kent Library
- Community Education: Fake Reading: How to Spot It and Shift It, 6:30-8:00 p.m., Kent Library
- Spanish translation available. All parents and caregivers welcome.
- Click here for more information and registration.
- Kent Flag Football vs. Marin Horizon, 4-5 p.m., Kent Field
- Bacich Award Reception for Zero Waste program, 3:30 p.m., Marin County Office of Education
Save the Date
Monday, October 28, 2019
- Author Judd Winick visits the Bacich Library
- 6th Grade Volleyball at White Hill
Tuesday, October 29, 2019
- Bacich Picture Make-Up Day
Wednesday, October 30, 2019
- Kent Cross Country Meet, 4 p.m., Indian Valley College of Marin Campus, Novato
- 8th Grade Volleyball at Mill Valley
Thursday, October 31, 2019
- Bacich Halloween Parade, 10:45 a.m. – parents welcome
- Kent Halloween Parade for students
Friday, November 1, 2019
- 7th/8th Grade Dance - interested chaperones, please contact Melissa Stephens
Monday, November 4, 2019
- KSTPA Meeting, 8:30-10 a.m., Bacich Room 33
Tuesday, November 5, 2019
- DELAC Meeting, 5:30-7 p.m., Bacich Library. School-age child care available.
Wednesday, November 6, 2019
- Bacich ELAC Meeting , 8:30-9:30am, Bacich Room 12
- Planning Workshops: October 17-18, 2019 from 8:30 a.m.-3:30 p.m.
Next Regular Board Meeting:
- Tuesday, November 12, 2019, 5-9 p.m., District Office, all are welcome to attend
- The agenda will be posted by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting.
Parent Partners Group
The Parent Partners is a group for parents of students with learning differences.
The group meets four times per year with the primary goals of providing parent perspective and feedback to the school district, supporting children with exceptional needs by increasing knowledge and acceptance of learning differences in the community and supporting parents of students with exceptional needs.
Next Meeting: Tuesday, October 22, 2019, 4-5:30 p.m., District Office
- For more information please contact Virginia DiGirolamo, Director of Student Services, email@example.com.
English Language Learners
All School Read at Bacich
Bacich students are reading the elementary readers' edition of The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind for the Kentfield All School Read that began on October 14th.
Annual Bacich Halloween Parade will be on Thursday, October 31, 2019 at 10:45 a.m.
- Parents are welcome to watch as students, teachers and staff march through the McAllister neighborhood grade by grade. Students are welcome to come to school in costume, but they must leave fake blood, scary masks, weapons and the creepy stuff at home.
- Read Bacich Principal Sally Peck's letter to parents about Halloween from October 3, 2019
Kent All School Read
Kent students are reading the young readers' edition of The Boy Who Harnessed The Wind for the Kentfield All School Read that began on October 14th.
We are proud to present a film adaption of The Boy Who Harnessed the Wind to accompany our All School Read.
- Thursday, November 15, 2019, 5-7 p.m., Kent MP Room
- Free event, and pizza and snacks will be on sale.
- Event Registration
Online Gradebooks - Limited View
- Please note that Gradebook visibility has been limited to assignment completion only until first Hexamester grades are complete. Full visibility with scores will return next week, once Hexamester 1 grades have been released.
- Teens In Transitions: Strategies for Informed, Responsible Decision-Making seminars for eighth grade students will be held at Kent on November 22nd, as well as two days at the Branson School in Ross on November 25th and 26th.
- The parent letter details background information that is essential for your understanding of the development and objectives of this program.
5th - 7th Grade Only: Private School Application Instructions:
- Please contact Lisa Sandberg at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Do not send teacher requests for teacher recommendations directly to teachers, all transcript and teacher recommendations need to go through Lisa Sandberg.
The Kent Green Sneaker Challenge is in it's Final week! Walk, Bike or Carpool to school on Thursday, October 24th. Your student can enter a raffle to win cool prizes! The event sponsored by the Kent Eco-Action Club and Safe Routes to School.
Kent Halloween Parade – Thursday, October 31, 2019
At Kent, students who wish to celebrate Halloween can come to school in costume and participate in our annual Halloween parade on Halloween morning. Please follow these Halloween costume guidelines:
- Costumes must follow our school dress code (pg. 16 in student agenda)
- Costumes must not include weapons of any kind, real or imitation
- Costumes should not include excessive amounts of blood or other elements that children could find scary or alarming
- Masks are permitted during the parade, but not around school that day
Redwood High School Music Program Meet & Greet
Redwood High School Music Department invites all of Kent's instrumental students to visit Redwood for a visit, BBQ, hang out, meet some music kids in high school, and get a sense of Redwood’s cool music program.
- Monday, October 28, 2019, 5:30 p.m.
- All Kent 6th, 7th, and 8th graders students interested in music are welcome
We are in dire need of lunch volunteers this year. Please consider signing up for just two shifts per month!
On this sign-up link, you will find all Kent volunteer opportunities. Please join us and volunteer for one or more of these roles. Please email email@example.com if you have any questions on role and/or time commitments. Thank you for all you do for our school!
- Tuesday, November 5, 2019, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Kent Conference Room
- All are welcome to attend.
Safe Routes to School
Become Your Neighborhood Captain!
Visit Safe Routes to School for Walk & Roll information, safety tips in English and Spanish, updated neighborhood safe route maps, and public bus to Kent information.
If you are interested in becoming a SRTS Neighborhood Captain, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Walk & Roll volunteers needed on Wednesdays – October 23rd. Please sign up here.
Kent Green Sneaker Challenge final week! Thursday, October 24, 2019
Next General KSPTA Meeting: Monday, November 4, 2019, 8:30-10 a.m., Bacich Room 33
Fake Reading: How to Spot It and Shift It
Learn practical strategies for turning your child into a "real" reader.
- Thursday, October 24, 2019, 6:30-8:00 p.m., Kent Library
Spanish translation available. All parents and caregivers welcome.
Come join us for an annual favorite — the Book Fair! You’ll find a carefully curated selection of books grouped by age, perfect for everyone from younger tots to teens, and even a few for yourself. A portion of all sales goes to the KSPTA to help fund programs such as art, music, technology, PE, library, grants, teacher stipends, and more. Complimentary gift wrapping available.
Monday, November 4 – Friday, November 8
- Monday, November 4, 2019: 1-5 p.m.
- Tuesday, Nov 5, 2019: 8 – 10 a.m. & 12-5 p.m. (Morning coffee!)
- Wednesday, Nov 6, 2019: 8 – 10 a.m. & 12-4 p.m. (Donut Day for Kent Students)
- Thursday, Nov 7, 2019: 8 – 10 a.m. & 12-7 p.m. (Taco truck 4-7pm)
- Friday, Nov 8, 2019: 8 – 10 a.m. & 12-4 p.m.
October is KSPTA Membership Month!
Please join the KSPTA today to support our community events and programs and lend your voice to our state and national PTA’s advocacy on behalf of children.
- Learn more about joining your PTA.
- Click here to join today
These programs are not sponsored by the Kentfield School District. Distributing flyers and information is a community service and does not imply endorsement.
Corte Madera Library Events
- Grades 4 & up, click link above to register and reserve a book
Hands On Science Fun
Saturday, October 26, 2019, 10 a.m.- 4 p.m.
Sonoma County Fairgrounds
- Free admission
- Free parking
No Bully! Workshops
Workshops for Parents & Guardians: How to Bully-Proof Children in their Lives and the digital world. Tools to use at home and in partnership with the school community.
- Tuesday, October 29, 2019: The No Bully Introduction & E-Learning Course
- Wednesday, November 13, 2019: Power of Zero: Raising children in a Connected World
- Wednesday, February 5, 2020: How to Stop Cyberbullying with focus on Grades 3-8
- Thursday, March 15, 2020: Stop Cyberbullying & Navigating the Social Media Landscape with focus on Grades 6-12
Marin County Office of Education, 1111 Las Gallinas Avenue, San Rafael
Kentfield/Greenbrae Community Meeting
Saturday, November 2, 2019 from 10-11:30 a.m., Kent Middle School Library
Supervisor Katie Rice will begin the meeting with updates on key issues of importance to the Kentfield/Greenbrae community followed by time for questions, comments, and conversation on any topics of interest to those attending.
Eighth Grade Washington D.C. & Boston Trip
The deadline to register for the 2020 Washington, DC & Boston Trip (4/4- 4/9/2020) is Friday, February 14, 2020. Have your 8th grader check with Mr. Palmer for a registration envelope.
Questions? Contact Ryan Palmer at email@example.com.