Don't Miss These Announcements
Flu Prevention and Information
Influenza has come early in Marin County, California and throughout the country. Influenza is a viral infection that affects your respiratory system. Although most people recover, some can become very ill and in rare cases it can lead to death. We are expecting a severe flu season.
- Parent Letter from the Marin County Department of Health in English and in Spanish.
- Flu Prevention and Care Tips in English and Spanish
- For more information about the flu, please visit marinflu.org. To find a flu vaccine at a location near you, visit vaccinefinder.org.
County Health Alert - Fentanyl Overdoses
- Letter to parents from Marin County Department of Health and Human Services and Marin County Office of Education available in English and Spanish.
Parents/Guardians of Sixth Graders
- Tdap Booster vaccine records are required for seventh grade due by February 21st.
- Please read the Kent section for more information.
New Parking Regulations on Acacia Avenue
To make this busy thoroughfare more walker and biker friendly, new parking restrictions will be put into place on the south side of Acacia (Lilac to McAllister) and north side of Acacia (Lilac to Rosebank) from 7:30 to 8:30 a.m. on school days.
- Download 2019-2020 District Calendar
- Download 2020-2021 District Calendar
- View Online Calendar for Bacich, Kent, and District
Friday, January 24, 2020
- Kent T2 Project Runway Bake Sale, 10:13-10:30 a.m.
Saturday, January 25, 2020
- Lunar New Year Celebration hosted by KSPTA, 10-11:30 a.m., Kent MP Room
Sunday, January 26, 2020
- Free Community Education Event hosted by KSPTA: Boys and Sex, 4-5 p.m., Book Passage in Corte Madera
Monday, January 27, 2020
- Kent: Hexemester 3 ends
- 8th Grade Parents: Redwood High School deadline to register online
- KSPTA Meeting, 7 - 8:30 p.m., Kent Library
- Officer Josie Sanguinetti, our School Resource Officer, will speak about physical and emotional student safety.
Tuesday, January 28, 2020
- 5th Grade Winter Concert, 7-8 p.m., Kent MP Room
- Ad Hoc Finance Committee Meeting, 4-5:30 p.m., Kent Library
Wednesday, January 29, 2020
- Walk & Roll to School Day – find your Safe Route to School here
- Citizens Oversight Meeting, 5-6 p.m., District Office
- 6th Grade Band Advanced Band Winter Concert, 7-8 p.m., Kent MP Room
Thursday, January 30, 2020
- Redwood High Open House, 6-8 p.m., at Redwood
Friday, January 31, 2020
- Bacich Lost & Found will be donated
Save The Date
Monday, February 3, 2020
- Bacich Site Council Meeting, 3-4 p.m., Bacich Conference Room
- Ad Hoc Finance Committee Meeting, 4-5:30 p.m., District Office
- Kindergarten student registration begins
Tuesday, February 4, 2020
- 6th Grade Choir and Advanced Choir Winter Concert, 7-8 p.m., Kent MP Room
- Kent Site Council Meeting, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Kent Conference Room
- Parent Partner Meeting, 4-5:30 p.m., District Office
- DELAC Meeting, 5:45-7 p.m., Bacich Library
Wednesday, February 5, 2020
- Bacich ELAC Meeting, 8:30-9:30am, Bacich Room 12
Thursday, February 6, 2020
- 8th grade enrollment at Redwood High School for incoming 9th graders (in the afternoon, time to be announced)
- Free Community Education Event hosted by KSPTA: Beyond ‘Girly Girls’ & ‘Tough Guys’, 7 – 8:30 p.m., Bacich Library
February 17-18, 2020: No school: Presidents' Recess
Friday, February 21, 2020
Wednesday February 26, 2020
Letter to the Community: January 9, 2020
- The School Board provides an update on January-February Finance Committee Meetings, Superintendent Search, Strategic Plan, College of Marin (COM) litigation, and the Bacich Construction Project (Spanish Version)
Next Regular Board Meeting:
- Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 5-9 p.m., District Office, all are welcome to attend
- The agenda will be posted by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting
- 2019-2020 School Board meeting dates
- Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 5:45-7 p.m., Bacich Library.
- School-age child care available.
Safety Committee Meeting - Postponed
- The Wednesday, January 29, 2020 has been postponed. The new date will be posted here.
- Tuesday, February 4, 4-5:30 p.m., District Office
Ad Hoc Finance Committee Meetings
Weekly meetings are underway to assist the board with its daunting task of balancing next year’s budget. All are welcome to attend, but if that is not an option, here is the annotated agenda with links to resources that provide relevant information. Feel free to add your questions or ideas to the linked google doc.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
The first interim budget report was presented by District Business Official Kirsten Starsiak at the December 12, 2019 School Board meeting. The district was able to certify to the county that we can meet our financial obligations for the next three years only after reducing $1 million in expenditures in next year’s projected budget.
The board has requested that an ad hoc Finance Committee meet through the month of January to produce a menu of possible expenditure reductions in time to produce a balanced 2020-21 budget.
- All meetings are from 4-5:30 p.m. in the District Office
Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Monday, February 3, 2020
Monday, February 10, 2020
English Language Learners
Lost & Found to be donated Friday, January 31, 2020
- There is an excessive number of lost & found items. Please check the cardboard boxes in the quad before January 31st to claim your child's lost items.
Current 4th Graders Attending 5th Grade at Kent: Proof of Residency Registration Event
- Wednesday February 26, 2020 or March 18, 2020, 1:30-3 p.m., Kent Office
- These volunteer roles are school-wide. For classroom-specific opportunities, please contact your lead room parent.
- Monday, February 3, 2020, 3-4 p.m., Bacich Office Conference Room
- All are welcome to attend.
- Wednesday, February 5, 2020, 8:30-9:30am, Bacich Room 12
- Free internet and computers
- Summer Camp Information
- Registration for Middle School
- Marin Enrichment
- Wednesday February 26, 2020 or March 18, 2020, 1:30-3 p.m., Kent Office
- Please complete the Proof of Residency form and bring documentation with you.
Hexemester 3 ends on Monday, January 27, 2020
6th Grade Families: Tdap Booster Requirement
Your child will need the Tdap booster vaccine to enter the seventh grade in the fall. If your child has not had this vaccine, please make an appointment with your health care provider as soon as possible and bring the updated vaccine record to the Kent Office. If your child has had this vaccine, please bring the updated vaccine record to the Kent Office.
- More information on school immunization requirements.
- Records must be received by Friday, February 21, 2020 to register for seventh grade classes.
Laurel Yrun, RN Credentialed School Nurse
5th - 7th Grade Only: Private School Application Instructions:
- Please contact Lisa Sandberg at email@example.com.
- Please do not send teacher requests for teacher recommendations directly to teachers. All transcript and teacher recommendations need to go through Lisa Sandberg.
Yearbooks are on Sale Now
Be sure to order one of these amazing mementos to cap off your child's year! To order, go here:
Yearbook Order Code: 7587
For ordering help, call The Yearbook Order Center toll free at 866-287-3096 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org. The Yearbook Order Center is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST).
Llama al 866-287-3096 si necesitas un operador en español.
8th Grade Families
2020-2021 High School Registration Begins Soon
Monday, January 27, 2020: Online Student Registration Deadline
Thursday, January 30, 2020: Redwood High Open House, 6-8 p.m., at Redwood
February 6, 2020: 8th grade enrollment at Redwood High School for incoming 9th graders (in the afternoon - time to be announced)
Most families choose to attend their school of residence. Please refer to your high school website for registration/enrollment information.
If you would like to enroll at Tamalpais, Redwood, or Drake High School and this is not your school of residence, please read the information posted on the District website for “Open Enrollment.”
As a first step in the registration process, incoming freshmen may apply now for an Open Enrollment transfer. Please see the application on the district website. The initial deadline for transfer requests is on January 17. After January 17, students will be contacted individually to confirm their school of choice. Once approved, students will be able to register directly with your school of choice.
“Open Enrollment” applies only to students who are TUHSD residents who wish to attend a district high school other than their school of residence. The January transfer request deadline allows entering ninth grade students to register at the group registration days at your school of choice. Although you may register at any time at your school of residence, the final deadline to request an Open Enrollment transfer is June 30 (or until the maximum of 50 spots per site are filled).
If you have read the information posted on the website and have a question, please email email@example.com.
Executive Assistant to the Superintendent
Tamalpais Union High School District
- Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Kent Conference Room
- All are welcome to attend.
Next General KSPTA Meeting: Monday, January 27, 2020, 7-8:30 p.m., Kent Library
- In response to community feedback, the January meeting will be held in the evening.
- Officer Josie Sanguinetti, our School Resource Officer, will speak about student safety — both physical and emotional — and what parents need to know to protect our kids.
Free Community Education Event: Boys and Sex
An Author Event No Parent Can Afford to Miss
- Sunday, January 26, 2020, 4-5 p.m.
- Book Passage in Corte Madera
- All welcome
Peggy Orenstein is the New York Times bestselling author of the taboo-shattering books Girls & Sex, Cinderella Ate My Daughter, Waiting for Daisy, Flux, and Schoolgirls. Her new book, Boys & Sex: Young Men on Hookups, Love, Porn, Consent, and Navigating the New Masculinity, will be available for purchase and signing.
Free Community Education Event: Beyond ‘Girly Girls’ & ‘Tough Guys’
Healthy Gender Messages for All Ages
- Thursday, February 6, 2020, 7-8:30 p.m.
- Bacich Library
- Spanish translation available. All parents and caregivers welcome.
Gender norms and stereotypes limit all children and teens, no matter what their gender is, impacting how they feel about themselves, the kinds of opportunities they believe are open to them, and how they are treated by their peers.
Connect with KSPTA!
kik Auction | Dinner | Dancing
Safe Routes to School
Become Your Neighborhood Captain!
Visit Safe Routes to School for Walk & Roll information, safety tips in English and Spanish, updated neighborhood safe route maps, and public bus to Kent information.
If you are interested in becoming a SRTS Neighborhood Captain, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Next Walk & Roll to School Day: Wednesday, Jan 29, 2020
Driver Alert! New Parking Restrictions on Acacia
There are some exciting new parking restrictions that should make Acacia Avenue safer for our kids walking to school and help relief the traffic congestion on this narrow street/alley.
Please make yourselves familiar with the new rules and spread the word to your friends and neighbors!
The new parking restrictions apply along the length of Acacia Avenue:
- From McAllister Avenue to Rosebank Avenue on the northern side (closest to Sir Francis Drake Boulevard) is no parking 7:30-8:30 a.m. on School Days.
- From McAllister to Lilac on the southerly side (Mt. Tam side) is no parking 7:30-8:30 a.m. on School Days.
Existing parking restrictions on the map are in red and the new parking restrictions are in blue.
These programs are not sponsored by the Kentfield School District. Distributing flyers and information is a community service and does not imply endorsement.
Galileo Innovation Camp: Enrollment Now Open
Summer Camps available June 22-August 7, 2020
Galileo Camps use engaging hands-on projects to teach design-thinking and problem-solving skills in a fun environment kids love. Energetic, inclusive staff and proven curriculum make for a memorable summer kids will cherish.
Camp Galileo is introducing a new age group at Kent: 5th-6th graders as Meteors join Pre-K: Nebulas, 1st-2nd: Stars, 3rd-4th: Supernovas
Early Bird Special! Enroll by March 2, 2020 for the best rates of 2020 and save $20/week. Convenient extended care and lunch also available.
Learn more: www.galileo-camps.com or 800-854-3684.
Field Hockey Spring 2020 Season
Golden Gate Rippers, a North Bay lacrosse club, now offers the first youth field hockey club in the North Bay for boys and girls in grades 5-12.
Spring Season 2020
- Practice Dates: Sundays, January 26 to May 10, 2020
- Players may join anytime, even if the season has already started - the fee will be prorated.
To learn more about spring season or summer camps contact our Rippers Field Hockey Director, Aline Copp at email@example.com or visit goldengaterippers.com. Field hockey is now a NCS varsity sport at many Marin High Schools.
No Bully! Workshops
Workshops for Parents & Guardians: How to Bully-Proof Children in their Lives and the digital world. Tools to use at home and in partnership with the school community.
- Wednesday, February 5, 2020: How to Stop Cyberbullying with focus on Grades 3-8
- Thursday, March 15, 2020: Stop Cyberbullying & Navigating the Social Media Landscape with focus on Grades 6-12
All workshops are 6-7:30 p.m. at Marin County Office of Education, 1111 Las Gallinas Avenue, San Rafael
Car Raffle Benefits Special Education
Parent volunteer group Dedication to Special Education is raffling off a 2020 Prius to benefit special education programs in all public schools in Marin County! Odds are approximately 1 in 3,000 and tickets are only $20!
Tickets will be sold at The Village at Corte Madera on weekends during December and at various locations throughout Marin in January leading up to the drawing on February 9, 2020.
Monday, February 10, 2020, 6 p.m.
Marin Community Office of Education
Join us to discuss methods to keep our youth safe from trafficking and exploitation, something happening in our own backyard, as well as how to navigate their ever-increasing digital world.
Deepa Patel, Co-Founder of Trauma and Hope, will present and answer questions from our parent community starting at 6:30 p.m.
Help us build awareness and keep our youth safe from trafficking and exploitation.
The event is free and light dinner is provided at 6 p.m.
Questions? Feel free to contact Marlene Capra at firstname.lastname@example.org
PROTECT Liaison of Marin
Soroptimist of Marin
Marin Coalition to End Human Trafficking
Eighth Grade Washington D.C. & Boston Trip
Last chance to register! Sign-up deadline is Friday, February 14, 2020.
- Trip is April 4-9, 2020.
Last parent meeting: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 6-7 p.m., Kent room 30
- Only parents of registered students need attend.
Have your 8th grader check with Mr. Palmer for a registration envelope.
Questions? Contact Ryan Palmer at email@example.com.