Letter to the Community: January 9, 2020
- The School Board provides an update on January-February Finance Committee Meetings, Superintendent Search, Strategic Plan, College of Marin (COM) litigation, and the Bacich Construction Project (Spanish Version)
Next Regular Board Meeting:
- Tuesday, February 11, 2020, 5-9 p.m., District Office, all are welcome to attend
- The agenda will be posted by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting
- 2019-2020 School Board meeting dates
- Tuesday, February 4, 2020, 5:45-7 p.m., Bacich Library.
- School-age child care available.
Safety Committee Meeting - Postponed
- The Wednesday, January 29, 2020 has been postponed. The new date will be posted here.
- Tuesday, February 4, 4-5:30 p.m., District Office
Ad Hoc Finance Committee Meetings
Weekly meetings are underway to assist the board with its daunting task of balancing next year’s budget. All are welcome to attend, but if that is not an option, here is the annotated agenda with links to resources that provide relevant information. Feel free to add your questions or ideas to the linked google doc.
Please let me know if you have any questions.
The first interim budget report was presented by District Business Official Kirsten Starsiak at the December 12, 2019 School Board meeting. The district was able to certify to the county that we can meet our financial obligations for the next three years only after reducing $1 million in expenditures in next year’s projected budget.
The board has requested that an ad hoc Finance Committee meet through the month of January to produce a menu of possible expenditure reductions in time to produce a balanced 2020-21 budget.
- All meetings are from 4-5:30 p.m. in the District Office
Tuesday, January 28, 2020
Monday, February 3, 2020
Monday, February 10, 2020