Next General KSPTA Meeting: Monday, January 27, 2020, 7-8:30 p.m., Kent Library
- In response to community feedback, the January meeting will be held in the evening.
- Officer Josie Sanguinetti, our School Resource Officer, will speak about student safety — both physical and emotional — and what parents need to know to protect our kids.
Free Community Education Event: Boys and Sex
An Author Event No Parent Can Afford to Miss
- Sunday, January 26, 2020, 4-5 p.m.
- Book Passage in Corte Madera
- All welcome
Peggy Orenstein is the New York Times bestselling author of the taboo-shattering books Girls & Sex, Cinderella Ate My Daughter, Waiting for Daisy, Flux, and Schoolgirls. Her new book, Boys & Sex: Young Men on Hookups, Love, Porn, Consent, and Navigating the New Masculinity, will be available for purchase and signing.
Free Community Education Event: Beyond ‘Girly Girls’ & ‘Tough Guys’
Healthy Gender Messages for All Ages
- Thursday, February 6, 2020, 7-8:30 p.m.
- Bacich Library
- Spanish translation available. All parents and caregivers welcome.
Gender norms and stereotypes limit all children and teens, no matter what their gender is, impacting how they feel about themselves, the kinds of opportunities they believe are open to them, and how they are treated by their peers.