Don't Miss These Announcements
Parents/Guardians of Sixth Graders – Deadline Approaching February 21
- Tdap Booster vaccine records are required for seventh grade due by February 21st.
- Please read the Kent section for more information.
Flu Prevention and Information
Influenza has come early in Marin County, California and throughout the country. Influenza is a viral infection that affects your respiratory system. Although most people recover, some can become very ill and in rare cases it can lead to death. We are expecting a severe flu season.
- Parent Letter from the Marin County Department of Health in English and in Spanish.
- Flu Prevention and Care Tips in English and Spanish
- For more information about the flu, please visit marinflu.org. To find a flu vaccine at a location near you, visit vaccinefinder.org.
Updated County Health Alert - Coronavirus
- New letter to families from Marin County's Public Health Officer about the Coronavirus available in English and Spanish, includes the most current data and recommendations available as of February 4, 2020.
- Download 2019-2020 District Calendar
- Download 2020-2021 District Calendar
- View Online Calendar for Bacich, Kent, and District
February 17-18, 2020: No school/Presidents' Recess
Friday, February 21, 2020
Save The Date
Tuesday, February 25, 2020
- Special Board Meeting, 3-6 p.m., District Office
Wednesday February 26, 2020
- Incoming 5th Graders: Proof of Residency Registration Event
- 4th Grade Gold Country Parent Meeting, 8:30-9:30 a.m., Bacich
- First meeting of the Technology Committee of the Board, 4:30-5:30 p.m., Kent Library
- All interested parents and staff are welcome.
Thursday, February 27, 2020
- 3rd Grade Winter Concert, 6:30-7:30 p.m., Bacich Community Center
Monday, March 2, 2020
- Bacich Site Council Meeting, 3-5 p.m., Bacich Office Conference Room
Tuesday, March 3, 2020
- Kent Site Council Meeting, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Kent Office Conference Room
- DELAC Meeting, 5:45-7 p.m., Bacich Library
Wednesday, March 4, 2020
- Bacich ELAC Meeting, 8:30-9:30 a.m., Bacich Room 12
Monday, March 9, 2020
- KSPTA Meeting, 8:30-10 a.m., Bacich Room 33
Wednesday, March 11, 2020
- Graduation fundraiser – pizza lunch
Thursday, March 19, 2020
- KSPTA Community Education: Child Disrupted Film and Panel Discussion, 7-8:30 p.m., Kent MP Room
Friday, March 20, 2020
- 5th and 6th Grade Games Night hosted by KSPTA, Kent MP Room
This week, the Kentfield School District Board of Trustees engaged in the difficult work of identifying $1 million in expenditure reductions for the 2020-21 school year. Read about the process and results here.
Adopted Strategic Plan – Board approved January 11, 2020
Next Regular Board Meeting:
- Tuesday, March 10, 2020, 5-9 p.m., District Office, all are welcome to attend
- The agenda will be posted by 5 p.m. the Friday before the meeting
- 2019-2020 School Board meeting dates
Technology Committee of the Board
- February 26, 4:30-5:30, Kent Library
- Come to the first meeting of the School Board's new Technology Committee. All interested parents and staff are welcome.
- Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 5:45-7 p.m., Bacich Library.
- School-age child care available.
- Tuesday, April 14, 4-5:30 p.m., District Office
English Language Learners
Current 4th Graders Attending 5th Grade at Kent: Proof of Residency Registration Event
- Wednesday, February 26, 2020 or March 18, 2020, 1:30-3 p.m., Kent Office
Bacich Yearbooks on Sale!
The Bacich yearbook is a keepsake that includes individual photos, class photos and collage pages for each grade… plus special pages for Rancho Day, Halloween Day, and other activities.
Order deadline is Monday, March 30, 2020.
- Monday, March 2, 2020, 3-4 p.m., Bacich Office Conference Room
- All are welcome to attend.
- Wednesday, March 4, 2020, 8:30-9:30 a.m., Bacich Room 12
- Summer Camp Scholarship Assistance with PTA
- Class placement advocacy
- Leadership positions available
Find a Carpool – Save Time – Reduce Traffic
Kent families, if you live too far to walk or bike to school, please consider carpooling. Forty-two percent of Kent students arrive daily in a single-family vehicle.
Safe Routes to School and the Kent Eco-Action club have designed a carpool campaign to help link families who would like to carpool. It's easy. Enter your contact information in the link below:
- Wednesday February 26, 2020 or March 18, 2020, 1:30-3 p.m., Kent Office
- Please complete the Proof of Residency form and bring documentation with you.
6th Grade Families: Tdap Booster Records Due February 21, 2020
Your child will need the Tdap booster vaccine to enter the seventh grade in the fall. If your child has not had this vaccine, please make an appointment with your health care provider as soon as possible and bring the updated vaccine record to the Kent Office. If your child has had this vaccine, please bring the updated vaccine record to the Kent Office.
- More information on school immunization requirements.
- Records must be received by Friday, February 21, 2020 to register for seventh grade classes.
Laurel Yrun, RN Credentialed School Nurse
Yearbooks are on Sale Now
Be sure to order one of these amazing mementos to cap off your child's year! To order, go here:
Yearbook Order Code: 7587
For ordering help, call The Yearbook Order Center toll free at 866-287-3096 or email us at email@example.com. The Yearbook Order Center is open Monday through Friday, 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m. (CST).
Llama al 866-287-3096 si necesitas un operador en español.
8th Grade Families
- Tuesday, March 3, 2020, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Kent Conference Room
- All are welcome to attend.
Next General KSPTA Meeting: Monday, March 9, 2020, 8:30-10 a.m, Bacich Room 33
KSPTA Membership Cards Available
- If you would like an official PTA membership card, please request one here.
Parent volunteers are needed to help staff the Bacich garden during lunch recess. These volunteers would work alongside a Bacich paraprofessional. Many children loved having this alternative play space last year, but there aren’t enough staff available to cover the garden right now, without our help.
Two parents are needed for each shift, and shifts are from 12:30-1:30 on Tuesdays (1st and 3rd grades) and Thursdays (2nd and 4th grades).
Community Education: Child Disrupted
Documentary Screening & Panel Discussion with Director Krista Riihimaki and Psychotherapist Karen Hamilton.
In Child, Disrupted, Krista interviewed experts from the fields of neuroscience, psychology, occupational therapy, sociology, and addiction, to reveal the truth behind her worries about screen time and child development. The film elucidates how time spent using technology specifically impacts children’s behaviors, and offers insight into how guardians can curb it’s influence while equipping children to develop healthy relationships with technology.
- Thursday, March 19, 2020, 7 - 8:30 p.m., Bacich Library
- Refreshments provided courtesy of Wait Until 8th
Become a KSPTA Leader!
Our Nominating Committee is looking for a few good parents or other caregivers who want to help lead events and programs in 2020-2021.
If you want to learn more, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Connect with KSPTA!
kik Auction | Dinner | Dancing
Can you help with a donation for our auction? We are looking for rounds of golf, vacation homes, tickets to sporting events, talk shows, concerts, and more. We also welcome donations of gift certificates to retailers like Whole Foods, Apple, Target, or any of the amazing local businesses that support kik.
You can read more about sponsorship opportunities here: Nashville Nights Sponsorship Form
Safe Routes to School
Become Your Neighborhood Captain!
Visit Safe Routes to School for Walk & Roll information, safety tips in English and Spanish, updated neighborhood safe route maps, and public bus to Kent information.
If you are interested in becoming a SRTS Neighborhood Captain, please contact email@example.com.
Next Walk & Roll to School Day: Wednesday, February 20 2020
These programs are not sponsored by the Kentfield School District. Distributing flyers and information is a community service and does not imply endorsement.
Galileo Innovation Camp: Enrollment Now Open
Summer Camps available June 22-August 7, 2020
Galileo Camps use engaging hands-on projects to teach design-thinking and problem-solving skills in a fun environment kids love. Energetic, inclusive staff and proven curriculum make for a memorable summer kids will cherish.
Camp Galileo is introducing a new age group at Kent: 5th-6th graders as Meteors join Pre-K: Nebulas, 1st-2nd: Stars, 3rd-4th: Supernovas
Early Bird Special! Enroll by March 2, 2020 for the best rates of 2020 and save $20/week. Convenient extended care and lunch also available.
Learn more: www.galileo-camps.com or 800-854-3684
Co-ed Spring Break and Summer Camps
- April 6-10, 2020, Tamalpais High School
- July 27-31, 2020, Redwood High School
No Bully! Workshops
Workshops for Parents & Guardians: How to Bully-Proof Children in their Lives and the digital world. Tools to use at home and in partnership with the school community.
- Thursday, March 15, 2020: Stop Cyberbullying & Navigating the Social Media Landscape with focus on Grades 6-12
All workshops are 6-7:30 p.m. at Marin County Office of Education, 1111 Las Gallinas Avenue, San Rafael
2020 Raising Healthy Families Community Education Series
Free informative education series that examine important issues facing today's families. Presentations by noted Bay Area experts will offer tools and strategies to empower you to help raise children who are curious, compassionate, and resilient.
March 3, 2020, 6-8 p.m.: Battling Adolescent Substance Addiction: Learn the Signs and Know What to Do.
March 24, 2020, 6-8 p.m.: Helping When Your Child Is Hurting: What Every Parent Needs to Know to Prevent Adolescent Self-Harm and Suicide.
March 31, 2020, 6-8 p.m.: Slaying the Beast: A Practical Guide for Parents on the Dangers of Technology Overuse and Obsession
- For more information or to register visit www.cipmarin.orgor call (415) 459-5999 xlOl
Eighth Grade Washington D.C. & Boston Trip
Last chance to register! Sign-up deadline is Friday, February 14, 2020.
- Trip is April 4-9, 2020.
Last parent meeting: Thursday, March 26, 2020, 6-7 p.m., Kent Room 30
- Only parents of registered students need attend.
Have your 8th grader check with Mr. Palmer for a registration envelope.
Questions? Contact Ryan Palmer at firstname.lastname@example.org