Don't Miss These Announcements
Bacich and Kent second trimester report cards will be available in Aeries Friday, March 22, 2019 at 5 p.m.
Friday, March 22, 2019
- Kent Spirt Day - House Shirts!
- Bacich and Kent second trimester report cards will be available in Aeries at 5 p.m.
- Fifth and Sixth Grade Games Night, 6-8 p.m., Kent MP Room
Monday, March 25, 2019
- Fourth grade parents - Gold Country meeting, 8:30-9:30 a.m., Bacich Room 33
- Bacich Yearbook ordering deadline
- Special Board Meeting, Governance Workshop, 4–7:30 p.m., District Office
Tuesday, March 26, 2019
- Health and Wellness Committee Meeting, 9-10 a.m., District Office
Wednesday, March 27, 2019
- Kent Friday Schedule - 3:30 p.m. release
Thursday, March 28, 2019
- Kent Open House, 6-7:30 p.m.
Friday, March 29, 2019
- Kent Wednesday Schedule - 1:13 p.m. release
- KSPTA Standing Committee on Equity and Inclusion meeting, 9:30- 11:30 a.m., District Office
Save the Date:
Monday, April 1, 2019
- KSPTA General Meeting, 8:30–10 a.m., Kent Room 34
- Bacich Site Council Meeting, 3–4 p.m., Bacich Library
Tuesday, April 2, 2019
- Kent Site Council Meeting, 3:30–4:30 p.m., Kent Office Conference Room
- Parent Partners Meeting, 4–6 p.m., District Office
- Kent Being Adept Parent Ed, 6:30-8 p.m.
Thursday, April 4, 2019: Bacich Open House, 6-7 p.m.
Friday, April 5, 2019: Colonial Day for 5th grade students.
English Language Learners
Bacich 2018-2019 Yearbooks – Order by March 25, 2019.
Bacich Open House – April 4, 2019, 6-7 p.m.
Earth Day – April 19, 2019
- Fun, Earth friendly activities will be set up on the blacktop for students TK - fourth grade to enjoy during their lunch recess, 11:45 a.m. - 1:30 p.m.
Bacich Site Council
Next Meeting: April 1, 2019, 3-4 p.m., Bacich Library. All parents are welcome to attend.
- Please visit our Site Council page for meeting dates, agendas, and minutes.
Kent Principal Mr. Althouse
View Kent Daily Announcement on Kent website.
Kent Open House – March 28, 2019, 6-7:30 p.m.
Together We Can!
Sign Up Here to participate in the new community service initiative.
Yearbook Are Now On Sale!
- Don't miss out on this important memento for your Falcon! Just go to this link: www.yearbookordercenter.com. Our school code is 7587.
Kent Eco Action Club: Go Green = Eat Pie
Today, Pi Day, Kent students were able to pick up their Go Green = Eat Pie backpack tag from the Eco Action club.
Use eco-friendly transportation to get to school to have your tag stamped three of the following four dates and you will earn a ticket to receive a piece of pie!
Walk/Bike/Skateboard/Scooter or Park and Walk (at least 10 min.)
- March 14, 15, 21, 22, 2019
Kent Site Council
Next Meeting: April 2, 2019, 3:30-4:30 p.m., Main Office Conference Room
- All Kent parents are welcome to attend Site Council meetings. Please visit our Site Council page for meeting dates, agendas, and minutes.
8th Grade Announcements
High School Information
- Redwood High School Tours, Online Registration Instructions, and parent letter
- Drake High School Tours
How to Submit Photos for the 8th Grade Bacich Breakfast Video
- Please submit an email with the names of all of the children in the photos in the subject line of your email and also in the email body text. Please send no more than 3 photos in the highest resolution possible to: email@example.com
Safe Routes to School
Upcoming Walk & Roll Wednesdays
March 27, 2019 and April 4, 2019
Visit Safe Routes to School for Walk & Roll information, safety tips in English and Spanish, neighborhood safe route maps, and public bus to Kent information.
Save The Date: Saturday, May 11, 2019
kik Auction | Dinner | Dancing
Sponsor The Auction
Donate an item, sponsorship, or sign up party – we’d love your help! Also, stay tuned for an email with information on how to buy tickets to this fun event that raises money for our schools. Visit the the kik website for more information: www.kikschools.org/ways-to-give/events/spring-event/
Any contribution at any level makes an impact on our schools.
Help us reach 100% participation for our schools.
Next KSPTA Meeting: April 1, 2019, 8:30-10 a.m., Kent Room 34
Fifth & Sixth Grade Game Night
- March 22, 2019, 6-8 p.m., Kent MP Room
KSPTA Standing Committee on Equity and Inclusion Meeting
- March 29, 2019, 9:30- 11:30 a.m., District Office
- Click here for more information.
Save The Date
Thursday, May 1, 2019 at International Orange, 6-9 p.m.
These programs are not sponsored by the Kentfield School District. Distributing flyers and information is a community service and does not imply endorsement.
Growing Up Green Fundraiser
- Fundraiser will be held March 22 - 31, 2019.
Shop at any Sloat Garden Center location during Growing up Green week, mention your school, and your school will receive 10% of purchases back in the form of a Sloat gift card, which can go towards your school’s beautification projects, fundraisers, or classroom activities. The school with the highest participation will receive 20% of purchases back.
Attention Greenbrae Hills Parents
The Navarro Neighborhood Response Group (NRG) is one of seven grassroots organizations working in Greenbrae to get our neighborhood ready to respond should disaster strike. Emergency services tell us that more than 70% of victims are rescued by neighbors before emergency personnel can arrive. Volunteer Block Captains will be distributing information packets, working to prepare neighbors for an emergency, and helping neighbors after an earthquake emergency. We are doing this with the full support of the Central Marin Fire Department, Central Marin Police Authority, City of Larkspur, Town of Corte Madera, coordinator and Advisory Committee.
You are part of the Navarro NRG if you live on: Eliseo (# 103-398), Corte Cayuga, Corte de Sabla, Bretano (#205-270), Via Barranca, Via La Paz ((#1-99), Corte Gracitas, Via Lerida, Via Navarro, Corte Toluca, and Corte Fedora.
This effort requires good communications, and we hope all parents will opt-in to our email list. To receive news about upcoming meetings and our progress, please send your name, email and street address to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To learn more go the boundaries of the other six Greenbrae Hills NRGs, and Marin NRGs in general, go to www.nrgmarin.org.
Spring Camp Registration
Wild About Wildlife, Available for grades 1-3
- April 8-12, 2019, 9 a.m.-3 p.m.
Here at WildCare we are wild about wildlife and we know you are too! Join us for an unforgettable week during which campers will have the opportunity to gather food for our tortoise, prepare meals for our opossum and make toys for our turkey vulture! Learn how medical staff examine our wildlife patients and take a sneak peek at some orphaned baby animals during a tour of our hospital. This week of camp is packed full of animal encounters, nature exploration, wildlife-themed games, crafts, and much more! On Thursday, we’ll explore Miwok Meadows in China Camp State Park in San Rafael. WildCare does not provide transportation to off-site locations, so campers must be dropped off, and picked up at the field trip site.
- Find out more here: www.discoverwildcare.org/programs/naturecamp/
2019 Raising Healthy Families Community Education Series
The Marin County Office of Education, in collaboration with Raising Healthy Families and the Community Institute for Psychotherapy, invites you to attend a series of informative, educational presentations that will examine important issues facing today’s families. The presentations will be led by noted Bay Area experts, and will offer tools and strategies to empower caregivers to raise children who are curious, compassionate, and resilient.
Admissions is free, and attendees must register in advance at www.cipmarin.org or by calling (415) 459-5999, ext. 101.
Suggested donations, sliding scale, $75, $50, $25. All event proceeds go directly to support Community Institute for Psychotherapy’s safety-net programs.
Embodied Resilience: Mindfulness for Challenging Times
Presented by Shai Lavie, LMFT
Thursday, March 28, 2019, 6:00 pm-8:00 pm
San Rafael Community Center, 618 B Street, San Rafael, CA
2019 Marin Teen Girl Conference Empowered Women – Empower Women!
Who: Teen Girls in grades 8-12 in Marin County
What: 2019 Marin Teen Girl Conference sponsored by the Marin Women’s Commission
When: Sunday, March 31, 2019 9 a.m-3:30 p.m.
Where: Embassy Suites By Hilton 101 McInnis Pkwy, San Rafael, CA 94903
Corte Madera Library Events
The next meeting of the Corte Madera Library Kids' Book Club is Wednesday, April 24, 7-8 p.m., for grades 4 and up.
We're reading The Watsons Go to Birmingham, by Christopher Paul Curtis.
- Call 415-924-3515 to sign up and reserve a copy of the book!
Parent Education Event: Courageous Conversations
- May 7, 2019, 5-7:30 p.m., Marin County Office of Education, 1111 Las Gallinas Avenue, San Rafael
Engage in a thoughtful, compassionate exploration of race and racism led by Dr. Lori Watson, a transformation specialist with Pacific Education Group who has been working with educators across Marin’s public and private schools to look intensely, both personally and professionally, at race, racism, and how we are educating all students.
Spanish language translation will be available during the meeting.
San Francisco Boys Choir Auditions
- May 11, 2019, St. Paul’s Episcopal Church 1123 Court Street, San Rafael, CA 94901
We teach boys with unchanged voices how to sing, read music and perform. We have rehearsal sites in San Francisco, Marin, Oakland, and San Mateo. Marin rehearsals take place on Tuesdays and Thursdays in the afternoon. Our boys perform with the San Francisco Symphony, the San Jose Opera, and San Francisco Opera.
The mission of the San Francisco Boys Chorus is to provide music education, vocal training, and performance experience at the highest artistic level to boys from all cultural, ethnic, and economic backgrounds.